Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Personal Statement

I personally agree that work on the journalism field is the best for me. My interest in journalism, especially sport journalism, it has been since almost forever. Why is journalism the best choice for me? Because during my whole life I have been interesting in how the mass media covers the sports; e.g.; TV, newspaper, radio, websites, etc... and how different they are one from another.

My main reason of why I chose journalism as my professional career is soccer. Since I was a little boy I have been playing every week and watching different matches on TV. Because soccer has opened a lot of doors for me in life, dedicate my professional career to this sport, or sports in general, is something that would make me please to work everyday.

My interest to soccer journalism came eight years ago, when I began to follow soccer of every part of the world. Documentaries, movies, soccer shows… anything relate it to soccer I take it. And is because of that why my knowledge about the sport has been increasing over the last 5 years. I really enjoy watching and analyzing soccer every weekend on TV or internet, is just a routine that I have that has helped a lot and of course will help a lot more once I became a professional journalist.

Been good at this sport has gave me a lot background about it and also how hard work it is. It has help me to improve day by day as a player, if I dedicate enough time to practice, so hard work is something that I’m used to.

No comments: